Looking to become a social worker in New Hampshire? You’ve come to the right spot!  While there are similarities in licensing requirements from state to state, each state is unique. In addition to providing the essentials below, you can click the link we have provided for New Hampshire’s official licensing body. There you can find additional information on potential requirements like background checks, state-to-state license transfers, and continuing education requirements. We hope this handy guide assists in your efforts to become a certified social worker in your state!

Image Source

In New Hampshire, it is only possible to be licensed as a social worker with a Master’s degree or Doctoral degree in Social Work from an accredited institution. The designation Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) is granted to social workers with the necessary experience and successful examination completion.

The Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) must have a master of social work or a doctor of social work degree from a college or university approved or accredited by the CSWE. The LCSW candidate must have 2 years of post-masters experience including completion of a minimum of 3,000 hours of post-masters, supervised clinical experience prior to application for the clinical-level exam. The LCSW candidate must then pass the clinical-level exam as prescribed by the ASWB.

The LCSW should be able to demonstrate skill and interventions directly related to individuals, families, groups, communities, or organizations. Regarding education, a minimum of 30 semester hours must include clinical coursework. Education must also include at least five content areas, including: Personality theory; Cross-cultural development theory; Psychopathology; Race relations; Group dynamics; and Social work practice.

Candidates for renewal of licensure need 40 CEU’s (continuing education units) with 6 in ethics during your two- year license period. Candidates may take 20 CEU’s out of the required 40 as home study. To take a breather from studying, candidates can play games such as 카지노사이트.

The Board does not approve specific continuing education programs. The Board accepts CEU’s that are approved by national organizations. All licensees may obtain credits from any of the national organizations listed in Mhp 402.02(b). Individuals may attend workshops/seminars etc. that are approved by the national organization that might not be the national organization for your specific profession. For example, if you are a licensed clinical mental health counselor, you may attend and get credit for workshops/seminars sponsored by NASW, AAMFT or any of the others listed in the rule. The same applies to the other professions licensed with the Board.

LCSW Requirements:

  • Education: Master’s
  • Supervision: 2 years
  • ASWB Exam: Clinical